The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) places requirements on organisations in the European Economic Area (EEA) relating to the collection, processing and storage of your personal data
This is to tell you
- what information we might collect about you and how we collect it
- your choices about that information
- how we might use that information, including when we might use that information to contact you
- what information we might share with others outside our organisation
What do we collect?
The website uses three mechanisms which may collect data about you.
You can delete these cookies at any time by following the instructions for your particular device.
- Our site allows you to make enquiries or comments through a number of forms. You are in control of what you write on the forms and allow us to see.
- Our site offers a News Digest service using an external service called MailChimp. If you choose to sign up to our News Digest service then MailChimp will hold the name and email address you have given us for the purpose of sending you our News emails.
What choices do I have about the data you collect?
You can disable and or delete cookies on your own device whenever you want. We expect that the website will still work for you but some aspects of its behaviour may be compromised.
You can choose to remain anonymous and never tell us anything but if you have given us personal information and want to
- understand what we hold about you or
- have any data we hold about you corrected or
- have all the data we hold about you deleted
then please contact us and we will comply with your legitimate requests.
What personal data do we collect?
In the course of the use of our site we might collect any of the following.
- Your name as you give it to us on an enquiry or sign up form.
- Your contact details (either email address or phone number) as you give them to us on a contact or sign up form.
- The text of your comment or enquiry that you make through the website.
- The IP address of the device you use to access our website.
- Information about the type of device you are using to access the website.
What do we use this information for?
We will only use your personal information to enable us to supply the services for which you have given us the information.
- If we offer an event booking form then the information we collect about you through that form will be used to book you onto that event and to help us plan similar future events of that type.
- If you make an enquiry through a form then we will use that information only to contact you to give you a reply.
- If you specifically ask us to keep you informed about some issue then we may use your personal data to contact you.
- If you sign up for the News Digest then we will only use your details to send you the News Digest.
Where is your data stored?
We may use external services provided by companies that hold and process your personal information outside the European Economic Area. We will do this only once we are sure that they hold your data securely and that their privacy policies are consistent with the GDPR. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
All personal data in electronic form is help on secure password protected systems and protected by strong encryption when in transit. Paper records are held on our premises and shredded after use.
For how long will we keep your personal information?
We will retain your personal information for as long as we believe it is legitimate given the purpose for which you gave it to us.
- For planning future events we may require records of interest and attendance for similar events in the past.
- If you have signed up to the News Digest then we will retain your personal information until you unsubscribe.
Will you disclose my personal information to other organisations?
We will only disclose your personal data to organisations that we use to operate our services or if we have to by law, or when we believe there is a need to protect you or other people from harm.
- The personal data you have given us will be held on the servers of the organisations which support our website and the backup copies held in case of disaster.
- We may pass your name and email address to MailChimp to allow them to send you the News Digest.
We will not pass your personal information to anyone else before we have your informed consent.
We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes.
What data breach procedures we have in place
In the event of a confirmed or suspected data breach we will
- Investigate to determine the nature and extent of the breach.
- Inform everyone affected by the breach.
- Inform and consult with the Information Commissioners Office according to their published guidelines.
- Take any reasonable steps in our power to mitigate the consequences of the breach.
- Take any reasonable remedial action to prevent reoccurance of the data breach.
Please contact Ian Bathgate at the Conforti Institute to report any issues relating to a data breach.
- We are not responsible for the content of any external sites we may link to.
- We do not receive personal information from other organisations.
- We do not perform automated decision making or profiling using your data.
Version 1.1 24/5/2018