We have the bones of a programme for next year from our November meeting.
At this stage these are suggestions.
- January : Poetry- “Time”
- February: The Biblical book of Jonah
- March: Lancashire Poets e.g. Williffe Cunliam (Cunliffe): One of the Lancashire Poets
- April: “A Time of Gifts Patrick” Leigh Fermor
- May: DH Lawrence; Poetry and short stories
- June: “The light between two oceans” M L Stedman
- July: “Poems from abroad”
Please consider the above carefully and come back to me with any improvements.
The discussion on books for next year was rather rushed, I am particularly not sure about the book for June; ask yourself if you would attend the meeting for that particular book/poet, if you wouldn’t, please come back with another idea.
In the November meeting our favourite books included:
- “Jane Eyre” by C Bronte
- “Death at La Fenice” by Donna Leon
- “Going Solo” Roald Dahl
- “The Power and the Glory” Graham Greene
- “The Agony and the Ecstasy by Irvine Stone
- “Here’s the Story” by Mary McAlease
Our usual great discussion, any of the above would be good for a future meeting.
We meet next by Zoom on the 16th December to discuss “Wildlife Poetry”
Love to all
Remember we welcome new members. If you are finding Winter and Covid hard and want to engage with new people then try us out. Go here, fill out the form at the bottom of the page and we will be in touch.