This is the website of the Xaverian Mission Spirituality Centre in Preston. If you were looking to find out about the Xaverian presence in the UK then you can find the Provincial website for the Xaverians here.
The Xaverian dream is that of making the world a single family.
Inspired by St. Guido Conforti and St. Francis Xavier, we, Xaverian Missionaries, serve to keep the local Church aware of, engaged with and connected to the missionary mandate of the universal Church, principally by witnessing Jesus to those who have yet to know Him.
Click on the link to read the full news item.
- A day to explore Xaverian Charism 27/8/2019 : - The plans for the Xaverian Charism day on the 14th September are firming up and we hope you can come and share and explore with us.
- New calendar event 14/8/2019 : - Come and listen to a salutary talk about the Future of Food at the St Wilfrid's Parish Centre on the 30th September 2019 at 7pm.
- “Go and ask your Dad.” 9/8/2019 : - Fr Jim writes about the Xaverian plans to get a better handle on what being a missionary means today in the context of the Xaverian presence in Coatbridge, the Parish and Preston
- The week ahead: 4th August – 10th August 3/8/2019 : - The week ahead includes two of our monthly sessions, Women at Prayer and a Labyrinth walk. There is also the rosary at the Carmelite Church on St Vincent's Road.
- New wine, new wineskins… 27/7/2019 : - On July the 1st we welcomed to our Regional and Preston Centre Phil Callaghan who will be jointly responsible for Administration and as Deputy Director of Programmes for the UK Region. Open Day on 7th Sept and a day of Formation on Mission Spirituality and the Xaverian Charism on September 14th.
Recent Reflections on the Gospel
Click on the link to read the full text of the Gospel reflection.
- Reflection on 24th Sunday: 15th September 2019 - Make your home in me The Younger Son Leaving home is living as though I do not yet have a home, and must look far and wide to find one. Home is the centre of my being, where I can hear the voice that says, “You are my beloved.” I have heard that never-interrupted voice …
- Reflection on 23rd Sunday: 8th September 2019 - Rooted and Grounded in Love In today’s Gospel, Luke tells us Jesus was addressing “large crowds” where there would have been people in a variety of different places in their relationship to Jesus and his teaching. So many must have asked, ‘Who exactly is this teacher?’ Some people in that crowd may have had some …
- Reflection on 22nd Sunday: 1st Sept 2019 - Who are we? The more we grow in awareness of who we are in God the more humble we become. That humility frees us and makes us strong.