This is the website of the Xaverian Mission Spirituality Centre in Preston. If you were looking to find out about the Xaverian presence in the UK then you can find the Provincial website for the Xaverians here.
The Xaverian dream is that of making the world a single family.
Inspired by St. Guido Conforti and St. Francis Xavier, we, Xaverian Missionaries, serve to keep the local Church aware of, engaged with and connected to the missionary mandate of the universal Church, principally by witnessing Jesus to those who have yet to know Him.
Click on the link to read the full news item.
- Journeying in Prayer 21/11/2019 : - News of an exciting new course for 2020.
- The Osiligi Maasai Warriors 2020 14/11/2019 : - In September 2018 we hosted a stunning display given for us by the Osiligi Maasai Warriors. There are plans for the Warriors to return. The date is not yet finalised but we are thinking of the evening of Wed 9th Sep 2020
- Retreat: Towards a Spirituality of Dementia 14/11/2019 : - Rose McCrave, one of our valued team of collaborators, will be part of a team leading a retreat at St Beuno's entitled "Towards a Spirituality of Dementia" For more details read the full post.
- 2020 Calendar updates 8/11/2019 : - We have been working on the 2020 calendar. Have a browse. Remember that if you have a personal calendar on your smartphone, tablet or PC, you can subscribe to our calendar and always be kept up to date.
- Women at Prayer 8/11/2019 : - This is a group for women of all ages who wish to gather and pray together.
Recent Reflections on the Gospel
Click on the link to read the full text of the Gospel reflection.
- Reflection on 33rd Sunday: 17th November 2019 - A Temple Destroyed Change has a way of pushing us into the future, looking for signs. What will happen now? What do I do? How do I get through this? If we are not careful we will soon be living in a future we do not yet have. We will be living in a future …
- Reflection on 32nd Sunday: 10 November 2019 - In today’s gospel reading we have a familiar scene of Jesus being asked a question by a group or individual with their own opinion about the answer to that question.
- Reflection on 31st Sunday: 3 November 2019 - This week's Gospel is about transformations. We must remember these turning points.