This is the website of the Xaverian Mission Spirituality Centre in Preston. If you were looking to find out about the Xaverian presence in the UK then you can find the Provincial website for the Xaverians here.
The Xaverian dream is that of making the world a single family.
Inspired by St. Guido Conforti and St. Francis Xavier, we, Xaverian Missionaries, serve to keep the local Church aware of, engaged with and connected to the missionary mandate of the universal Church, principally by witnessing Jesus to those who have yet to know Him.
Click on the link to read the full news item.
- The week ahead: 21st -27th April 2019 19/4/2019 :- The Centre is closed for the Bank Holiday Monday and normal activities resume on Tuesday 23rd with Mindfulness Practice. The Singing Group have their monthly session on Friday and on Saturday Donna Worthington is leading a retreat "The Resurrected Christ-Light"
- Feedback on the last Capacitar session 18/4/2019 :- From time to time we get feedback on the group sessions. Here are a few words from someone who attended the last session Anne gave on the 12th April.
- Invitation to a Rosary Service: Tuesday 7th May 2pm 12/4/2019 :- An invitation to attend a Rosary Service Tuesday 7th May 2pm at the Carmelite Monastery Church. Prayers will be offered for all expectant mothers and their unborn children and there will be a talk by guest speaker Fr. Andrew Allman.
- Learn how to protect Children Online 11/4/2019 :- On 9th May 2019 @ 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm the Centre will be hosting a training session aimed at giving parents, carers and professions who work with children and young adults guidance on on-line protection. Come and learn how to make children safer on the Internet.
- Capacitar dates for the remainder of 2019 11/4/2019 :- We have updated the calendar to show the Capacitar Wellbeing sessions for the rest of the year. Booking is essential as these have become a popular session as it cares for both body and soul. Do try it if you have not already.
Recent Reflections on the Gospel
Click on the link to read the full text of the Gospel reflection.
- Reflection on Easter Sunday: 21st April 2019- We might identify with the women through the events of that first Easter morning. They came to search and found an empty tomb. Then they were told they were looking in the wrong place: ‘Why look for the living among the dead?’
- Reflection on Passion Sunday: 14th April 2019- If we are to be transformed by our reflection on the mystery of Jesus’ suffering, death and resurrection, it will be helpful to focus on one aspect so as to avoid becoming overwhelmed by so many images.
- Reflection on the 5th Sunday in Lent: 7th April 2019- In this week's Gospel Jesus reveals a new order in which all are called to repentance and the experience of divine mercy. Jesus’ desire for us is not death but new life.