This is the website of the Xaverian Mission Spirituality Centre in Preston. If you were looking to find out about the Xaverian presence in the UK then you can find the Provincial website for the Xaverians here.
The Xaverian dream is that of making the world a single family.
Inspired by St. Guido Conforti and St. Francis Xavier, we, Xaverian Missionaries, serve to keep the local Church aware of, engaged with and connected to the missionary mandate of the universal Church, principally by witnessing Jesus to those who have yet to know Him.
Click on the link to read the full news item.
- Calendar changes for the Week starting 15th December 12/12/2019 : - Changes to the calendar for the week starting Sunday 15th December.
- A German & Italian Christmas Experience 8/12/2019 : - We are holding a German and Italian Christmas experience on Tuesday 10th December at 18:30
- Christmas and New Year Party 8/12/2019 : - Come to our Christmas and New Year Party 22nd December 12:00-20:30
- Thursday Evening Mass 2/12/2019 : - Some changes to the normal Thursday evening Mass arrangements. Read on...
- Rosary Service at the Carmelite Monastery 28/11/2019 : - The Carmelite Sisters invite you to a Rosary Service at 2.00pm on Tuesday 3rd December. See here. There will be a talk from our guest speaker, Fr Paddy Duffy. He is always well prepared and worth listening to. No pressure, Paddy! We shall pray for all expectant mothers and their unborn children.
Recent Reflections on the Gospel
Click on the link to read the full text of the Gospel reflection.
- Reflection on 2nd Sunday of Advent: 8th December 2019 - In today’s gospel reading, God speaks to us about repentance which is much more than just being sorry for the past.
- Reflection on 1st Sunday of Advent: 1st December 2019 - If we hear Jesus saying, “You’d better do it right, or I’m going to get you.” we are likely to miss the point in today’s Gospel.
- Reflection on Christ The King: 24th November 2019 - "...The universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed.”