This is the website of the Xaverian Mission Spirituality Centre in Preston. If you were looking to find out about the Xaverian presence in the UK then you can find the Provincial website for the Xaverians here.
The Xaverian dream is that of making the world a single family.
Inspired by St. Guido Conforti and St. Francis Xavier, we, Xaverian Missionaries, serve to keep the local Church aware of, engaged with and connected to the missionary mandate of the universal Church, principally by witnessing Jesus to those who have yet to know Him.
Covid-19 Essential Reading
It isn’t over. but we have to live with Covid for the moment. Here is some good advice about living with that reality. Follow it for the sake of the community and yourself.
Click on the link to read the full news item.
- Website: News 11/5/2022 : - Please excuse the lack of formatting in recent posts and the delay in website updates. The webmaster is stuck in Padstow harbour waiting suitable conditions for the passage to Dale. Maintenance of the website is very difficult using a phone. I know you will bear with me. This week’s Lectio will have to wait until …
- 11/5/2022 : - “Love one another just as I have loved you.” These words are so familiar to us. Perhaps this new commandment is our raison d’etre, our daily aspiration. We may even have the T-shirt. Surely Jesus’ command to love one another was nothing new for the disciples and those of their time. The commandment is well …
- 11/5/2022 : - Dear friends, as you may know, from the 25th -29th of April, the Xaverain Community in the UK held the XIV Regional Chapter in Coatbridge. .We were fortunate to have the presence of the Congregation’s Vicar General, Fr. Mario Mula, s.x. and the General Councilor Fr. Javier Peguero, s.x. The theme of our Chapter was …
- Lectio Divina: News 11/5/2022 : - Our Lectio Divina for this Friday corresponds to the Fourth Sunday in Easter Year C. Jn 10:27-30 I give eternal life to the sheep that belong to me. Please, let’s keep on praying for peace. One What a wonderful passage. The shepherd never fails to look after his sheep. Our saviour never fails to protect us. …
- Gospel Reflection 4th of Easter: 8th May 2022 11/5/2022 : - You cannot get there, you can only be there Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly to the Jews. “Since you do not think yourselves worthy of eternal life, we must turn to the pagans.” Yes, we are not worthy of being one with God, which is eternal life. However, the Jews created a worthiness contest, …
Recent Reflections on the Gospel
Click on the link to read the full text of the Gospel reflection.
- Gospel reflection for 3rd Sunday of Easter: 1st May 2022 - When we become lost, confused, and afraid we revert to old patterns of behaviour and thinking. Peter says, “I’m going fishing.”
- Reflection on 2nd Sunday of Easter: 24th April 2022 - John, the author of today’s Gospel, deemed the story of the so-called “Doubting Thomas” an essential one to help us “come to believe.”
- Reflection on Easter Sunday: 17th April 2022 - The dawning of hope arises in those places where we are most hopeless, lost in the darkness of our despair.