This is the website of the Xaverian Mission Spirituality Centre in Preston. If you were looking to find out about the Xaverian presence in the UK then you can find the Provincial website for the Xaverians here.
The Xaverian dream is that of making the world a single family.
Inspired by St. Guido Conforti and St. Francis Xavier, we, Xaverian Missionaries, serve to keep the local Church aware of, engaged with and connected to the missionary mandate of the universal Church, principally by witnessing Jesus to those who have yet to know Him.
Covid-19 Essential Reading
It isn’t over, we have to live with Covid for the moment. Here is some good advice about living with that reality. Follow it for the sake of the community and yourself.
Click on the link to read the full news item.
- Lectio Divina: News 5/8/2022 : - ...where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
- Lectio Divina: News 30/7/2022 : - Read what our Lectio Group made of Luke 12 13-21.
- Website: News 22/7/2022 : - Holidays may be interrupting normal service. Please do not adjust your set.
- Lectio Divina: News 22/7/2022 : - Our faithful Lectio Group have shared their thoughts on the Gospel for this Sunday, Luke 11:1-13
- Lectio Divina: News 15/7/2022 : - Read the reflections of our Lectio group on the Gospel reading Luke 10 38-42
Recent Reflections on the Gospel
Click on the link to read the full text of the Gospel reflection.
- Refection on 19th Sunday: 7th August 2022 - Faith believes in the existence of realities that at present remain unseen ‘If a man born blind were told about the nature of the colour yellow, he would understand absolutely nothing, no matter how much instruction he received. Since he has never seen any colours, nor their like, he would not have the means to …
- Reflection on 18th Sunday: 31st July 2022 - We use things and other people to fill the hole inside us.
- Reflection on 17th Sunday: 24th July 2022 - Today’s first reading and the gospel reading emphasise persistence in prayer. ‘We need a daily rendezvous with God, with nothing on our agenda but love.'