This is the website of the Xaverian Mission Spirituality Centre in Preston. If you were looking to find out about the Xaverian presence in the UK then you can find the Provincial website for the Xaverians here.
The Xaverian dream is that of making the world a single family.
Inspired by St. Guido Conforti and St. Francis Xavier, we, Xaverian Missionaries, serve to keep the local Church aware of, engaged with and connected to the missionary mandate of the universal Church, principally by witnessing Jesus to those who have yet to know Him.
Click on the link to read the full news item.
- Dementia Singing Group starts 4th June 2019 22/5/2019 : - Come to our new singing group if you or your partner suffer from Dementia. Singing is fun and recognised as being hugely beneficial for well-being, physical, emotional and social health.
- The Surprise of the Gospel 20/5/2019 : - Here is an external event you might be interested in "Peter and Paul: Chosen and Sent" 29th June.
- The week ahead: 19th May – 25th May 2019 19/5/2019 : - In addition to our usual programme of activities we have a Saturday retreat on the 25th May with the title "The Interior Castle" which is being facilitated by Donna Worthington.
- More new calendar entries 17/5/2019 : - We are favoured with more calendar updates, this time for the Preston Men's Group who, for the rest of 2019, will be meeting on the 1st Saturday of each month with the exception of August when they take a holiday break.
- New calendar entries 17/5/2019 : - New diary entries for the 22nd June 2019 (Spirituality for Summer retreat) and the 14th September 2019. (Xaverian Mission Spirituality and Charism).
Recent Reflections on the Gospel
Click on the link to read the full text of the Gospel reflection.
- Reflection on 5th Sunday of Easter: 19th May 2019 - “Love one another just as I have loved you.” We are created in the image of God and God is love. We were created by a loving God to be love in the world.
- Reflection on 4th Sunday of Easter: 12th May 2019 - We are a creation of God from all eternity. How can we believe this when there is so much evidence to the contrary? We are so aware of our limitedness. How can we be sons and daughters of God? Yet that is the assertion that Jesus makes and he says that we are to follow him in believing this.
- Reflection on 3rd Sunday of Easter: 5th May 2019 - Faith in God is to have confidence in reality itself, to believe that God is in the reality of our lives, that God is revealed in everything and everyone.