This is the website of the Xaverian Mission Spirituality Centre in Preston. If you were looking to find out about the Xaverian presence in the UK then you can find the Provincial website for the Xaverians here.
The Xaverian dream is that of making the world a single family.
Inspired by St. Guido Conforti and St. Francis Xavier, we, Xaverian Missionaries, serve to keep the local Church aware of, engaged with and connected to the missionary mandate of the universal Church, principally by witnessing Jesus to those who have yet to know Him.
Click on the link to read the full news item.
- Calendar Update: Women Together 11/2/2020 : - Lynne Moore and Kathy Slater are holding a series of Women's wellbeing sessions over the next few months under the title "Women Together".
- Calendar update: Exploring Beginner’s Mind 11/2/2020 : - On Saturday 21st March 2020 we are hosting the Nothing Extra Zen Buddhist Community Practice Day on the theme "Exploring Beginner's Mind".
- Oh what a Night! 8/2/2020 : - Last Saturday, February 1st, more than 90 people came to the Xaverian Centre in Preston for the Annual Burns Supper.
- Calendar update: Retreat “Evagrius of Pontus” now on 4th March 6/2/2020 : - In a change to our calendar, Donna Worthington will be offering a retreat on Evagrius of Pontus on Wednesday 4th March rather than the 1st April as previously advertised.
- Women at Prayer Group 6/2/2020 : - The Women at Prayer group is meeting this week on the 12th. Do come if you can.
Recent Reflections on the Gospel
Click on the link to read the full text of the Gospel reflection.
- Reflection on 6th Sunday: 16th February - “We can too easily forget that the law is more about relationships than it is rules. When that happens we’re in grave danger of keeping the rules and losing the relationship.”
- Reflection on 5th Sunday: 9th February 2020 - We have all been created in the image and likeness of God.
- Reflection on The Presentation: 2nd February 2020 - Simeon thought he was waiting for the child to show up but what if it was really God waiting for Simeon? Simeon’s time of waiting– and ours – is a time of transformation.