This is the website of the Xaverian Mission Spirituality Centre in Preston. If you were looking to find out about the Xaverian presence in the UK then you can find the Provincial website for the Xaverians here.
The Xaverian dream is that of making the world a single family.
Inspired by St. Guido Conforti and St. Francis Xavier, we, Xaverian Missionaries, serve to keep the local Church aware of, engaged with and connected to the missionary mandate of the universal Church, principally by witnessing Jesus to those who have yet to know Him.
Click on the link to read the full news item.
- For the love of Saree …by Barkha Rani 27/6/2019 : - Sixty five ladies attended an event at the Centre to celebrate the essence of womanhood and their love of sarees. Read Barkha Rani's report of the event.
- The Summer of ’89 15/6/2019 : - On the 17th of June 2019 Jim will celebrate 30 years of priesthood. Read his reflection on those years and his hopes for the future.
- Spirituality for Summer 12/6/2019 : - Saturday Retreat "Spirituality for Summer" coming up on Saturday the 22nd June. Help us plan by letting us know if you are coming.
- New “Women at Prayer” Group 12/6/2019 : - This new activity allows women to come together to share, reflect and pray. We will meet on the 1st Wednesday of each month commencing Wednesday 3rd July 2-3pm.
- Calendar updates 11/6/2019 : - Two events for the calendar. Friday 14th June - an exploration of the well known Hans Christian Andersen tale "The Nightingale" Tuesday 18th June - enter into Saint Teresa of Avila's wisdom on prayer in an experiential way.
Recent Reflections on the Gospel
Click on the link to read the full text of the Gospel reflection.
- Reflection on 15th Sunday: 14 July 2019 - “Love your neighbour as yourself.” So often we think of our ‘neighbour’ as separate from ourselves. In and with God, we can love everything and everyone—even our enemies.
- Reflection on 14th Sunday: 7 July 2019 - Jesus tells his disciples to bring peace with them to every house they enter.
- Reflection on St Peter and St Paul: 30 June 2019 - Today we celebrate and reflect on the significance and importance of Saints Peter and Paul. By removing them from their ‘saintly pedestals’ and seeing them as the men they were: flawed and fallible, we can see why God uses them to offer us a hope for our own contribution in building God’s church.