This is the website of the Xaverian Mission Spirituality Centre in Preston. If you were looking to find out about the Xaverian presence in the UK then you can find the Provincial website for the Xaverians here.
The Xaverian dream is that of making the world a single family.
Inspired by St. Guido Conforti and St. Francis Xavier, we, Xaverian Missionaries, serve to keep the local Church aware of, engaged with and connected to the missionary mandate of the universal Church, principally by witnessing Jesus to those who have yet to know Him.
Click on the link to read the full news item.
- New calendar event: Journeying in Prayer 11/10/2019 : - The Diocese of Blackburn will be holding a 10 week course at the Centre in the first half of 2020. The course is entitled “Journeying in Prayer: Travellers on the Way” The course is open to all who wish to deepen their experience and knowledge of prayer and to explore the journey of prayer with …
- If you know your history… 21/9/2019 : - A review of the day to explore Xaverian Charism on Saturday 14th September.
- Fr Jim calls on the Church to lead on climate change 20/9/2019 : - Fr Jim was interviewed recently by the Scottish Catholic Observer. They published an article based on the interview. You can read the article here.
- New calendar item: Sunday 6th October 20/9/2019 : - We have the third "Mind and Body for your Wellbeing" event on Sunday 6th October 0900 to 1300. Read the full post for booking details.
- A day to explore Xaverian Charism 27/8/2019 : - The plans for the Xaverian Charism day on the 14th September are firming up and we hope you can come and share and explore with us.
Recent Reflections on the Gospel
Click on the link to read the full text of the Gospel reflection.
- Reflection on 29th Sunday: 20th October 2019 - Prayer is a dialogue with God. The important thing from our side is to stay in the dialogue, to believe that what we say, feel and think matters to God. Do we really believe this?
- Reflection on 28th Sunday: 13th October 2019 - Thanksgiving is necessary to live the well, whole, fullest life. Thanksgiving –giving thanks in everything- always precedes the miracle.
- Reflection on 27th Sunday: 6th October 2019 - Faith is a quality of seeing that allows us to expand our vision, to see things in bigger circles, in bigger realms and to know that at the centre of it all is a good and gracious and benevolent God.